28th May 2021
Letter to Year 11 Parents, Students & Carers
May 26th 2021
Dear Year 11 Students, Parents and Carers,
As we approach the end of Key Stage 4 it is important to remember that learning is a lifelong skill and we believe it is important that students in Year 11 continue to develop academically and personally. For this reason we have provided a range of opportunities and support through Teams that will run from Monday 7th June to Friday 25th June.
These opportunities will be available through the assignments section of Teams for all Year 11 students and can be accessed from Monday 7th June. They include:
- Reading lists and support for those progressing to Post-16 courses;
- A problem solving activity using a range of ICT software and focused on local environmental issues;
- Access to ‘Massive Online Open Courses’ (MOOCs) – which are free online courses covering a full range of eLearning and training courses, many of which provide certification;
- Timetable of documentaries available through free to air television;
- Oak National Academy courses to support students to continue with their studies;
- Careers guidance – further information available from Kayleigh Towers (email@example.com)
We hope these opportunities provide a stimulating end to KS4 for our students and offer the chance to further develop their interests, both inside and out of school.
In addition, the pastoral team will be making welfare calls during these three weeks to check in with a number of our students.
Should you, or your child, require further support or guidance during the period up to Friday 25th June please contact school at firstname.lastname@example.org
Steve Hardicre Chris Ray
Deputy Headteacher Deputy Headteacher