Beckfoot Oakbank School has at its heart a firm commitment to putting the needs of students first to ensure outstanding achievement and progress for all.
Policies and practice promote an environment conducive to learning, ensuring high achievement for all young people, irrespective of their differing needs. Students are asked to:
- Arrive at school and at lessons punctually and be prepared to learn. Any student who arrives late to school or lessons will be required to undertake a school detention.
- Bring appropriate equipment such as: planner, pen, pencil, ruler, calculator, PE kit and any other necessary equipment and a suitable bag to carry books and any equipment needed during the school day.
- Wear the school uniform correctly.
- Be polite, courteous, respectful to everyone on school site and comply with reasonable requests or instructions made by staff on the first time of asking.
- Have regard for their own safety and that of others.
The school provides a secure and safe environment for students, who are expected to remain on site throughout the school day and leave promptly at the end of the day unless engaged in enrichment activities.
Beckfoot Oakbank School and the Beckfoot Trust believe that students should be encouraged to adopt behaviour that supports learning and promotes good relations. Poor behaviour and low level disruption threaten the rights of young people to an effective education and can lead to people feeling unsafe, bullied, intimidated or threatened.