Sixth Form at Beckfoot Oakbank
Here at Beckfoot Oakbank, you will be encouraged, challenged and stretched in your academic achievement, social confidence and personal development to strive for excellence. We expect all of our students to be aspirational.
If you join Beckfoot Oakbank Sixth Form you can be assured that we will do our very best for you.
We have adopted the following ‘elements for success’, which we believe will help you to fulfil your potential:
- Clear Purpose - I am clear about what I am expected to achieve.
- High Expectations - Beckfoot Oakbank sets high standards for students and staff that challenge us.
- Recognition - My achievements are recognized and praised. Empowerment - I am expected to take responsibility for my own learning.
- Support and Challenge - I am set challenging targets and my progress is closely monitored.
- Co-operation - Students and staff are collectively a mutually co-operative and supportive unit.
Although we are an integral part of Beckfoot Oakbank School, we think that it is important that the atmosphere in the Sixth Form is closer to that of a college than that of a school. To that end, we work together to ensure that we treat each other in a mature fashion and that we respect and value each other’s individuality.
Our A level examination results are judged as ‘Good’ by OFSTED and our AS level examination results for this current Year 13 are ‘Outstanding’. Our record of supporting students into the next stage of their education is very good indeed, students go on to study at universities around the country or go into further education or employment.